Paleo Diet: What to Eat or Avoid in This Human age Diet?
Unlike the raw food, people can cook foods in paleo diet.
It is very difficult to know what hunter gatherer eat 10000 years ago. Researchers believe that they ate whole foods diet.
By following whole food diet and daily physical activity they were free from obesity, heart disease, or diabetes.
Some research suggests that this diet is helpful in weight loss and showed major improvements in cardio health. This is because of people feel fuller after consuming vegetables.
What to eat or what to avoid in Paleo Diet
The foods in paleo diet may vary depending on location and availability. The most important part is to eat whole foods and to avoid processed foods.
Here is list of food items you can eat in paleo diet:
- Fish and Shellfish
- Nuts and Seeds
- Herbs and Spices
- Natural sweetened products such as honey, date or many others
- Root vegetables that can be eaten raw
Here is list of food items you have to avoid in human age diet:
- Whole grains and flour
- Legumes such as soy, tofu, peanuts, beans, soy milk, soy flour and cashews
- Root vegetables that can’t be eaten raw such as potato, sweet potato etc.
- Refined sugar
- Foods that contains yeast
- Dairy products
- Refined sugar
- Processed meat
- Juice, sodas and coffee
- Artificial Sweetened products such as potassium, sucralose, cyclamates or aspartame.
Modern Paleo Diet
Since the paleo diet was introduced, new versions have emerged that allow some “modern” foods that scientists have proven to be healthy, such as quality bacon from pasture-raised pigs.
Some suggestions for meals are:
- Breakfast: bacon, eggs, and a piece of fruit
- Lunch: a sandwich of meat and vegetables wrapped in a lettuce leaf
- Dinner: fried chicken with vegetables
- Snacks: raw vegetable sticks, nuts, or fruit
Authority Nutrition suggests that a little good quality red wine and an occasional piece of dark chocolate are “sensible indulgences.
- Wine: Quality red wine is high in antioxidants and beneficial nutrients.
- Dark chocolate: Choose one that has 70% or higher cocoa content. Quality dark chocolate is very nutritious and extremely healthy.
You can use this diet as starting point and can add other healthy foods like gluten free whole grains, and grass fed butter from time to time.
The paleo diet, or a modified version, may be a good way to eat less processed and refined foods and to increase the intake of vegetables and fruits. This can lead to overall improvements in health.
However, it is always important to find a balanced, nutrient-dense diet that works with and agrees with the individual’s particular body and lifestyle.